JOB DESCRIPTION: Software engineer
Brief profile: Chamasoft is looking for a passionate Data Analyst to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
You will conduct full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Department : Analytics
Reports to: Product Manager
Location : Nairobi
Type : Full time
How to apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
What we are looking for:
This role requires a candidate with the ability to dive deep into a large-scale dataset, stored primarily in MySQL. The ideal background would include experience in either the financial services or telecommunications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Tracking app usage and establish areas of improvements
- Assist in the development and optimization of Chamasoft customer experience based on real time data and logs.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing recommendations and reports
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Create experiments and reports based on various usage and log metrics
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Extract key SaaS metrics and facilitate the improvement of revenue-generating path and workflows
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data, and review dashboard reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work closely with product development team to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Work closely with business development, site operations, marketing and development teams to optimize revenue and create extensive living profiles of users, activity and growth potential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- At least 1 year experience as a Data Analyst or similar role
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have experience using MySQL with an emphasis on large dataset queries
- Proven working experience as a data analyst.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design. development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
Desired (not required)
- Data Visualization skills
- Experience in PHP and/or java is a plus, not required.
How to apply
Send Resume to email@example.com with your portfolio indicating earliest available date
Categorised in: General
This post was written by Martin Njuguna
Please Subscribe and get Notified when new articles are posted